MANA currently has an opening for Director of Finance & Administration.
Director of Finance (PDF Download)
Posted on 11/1/2012 with target date to fill this position by the end of November.
The Director of Finance and Administration provides leadership, management and oversight for all fiscal activities related to the operations of MANA. The duties will include general accounting, fund accounting, cost accounting, internal auditing, budgetary developmentand control, financial analysis and forecast, cash flow monitoring, and development of monthly status reports.
This position will be directed by the Chief Executive Officer of MANA. This position will be located in Charlotte, NC. Main Duties include:
- Develop organization’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Oversee preparation of regular financial statements/reports (to include accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits), annual or other fiscal reports for each program as required by funding agencies or senior management.
- Develop and implement cash flow, pricing, and forecasting models for manufacturing processes.
- Oversee charitable solicitation registrations.
- Oversee administration of payroll and benefits.
- Work with auditor(s) in the preparation of annual Audited Financial Statements and tax returns.
- Perform analysis of general ledger to include: cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, monthend payroll summary, accounts receivable summary, journal entries for adjustments to the general ledger, and invoices.
- Review and adjust as necessary fiscal policies and accountability and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyze and report variances.
- Managing federal and private grants including utilizing federal invoicing system, overseeing reimbursement and fund distribution processes, and establishing indirect cost rate.
- Allocate administrative and indirect costs in accordance with current allocation plan.
- Assessment of risk management and public support calculations.
- Develop longterm sustainability and growth strategies and provide guidance to the CEO.
- Manage accounting and reporting modules of Netsuite Enterprise System and perform ongoing analysis of software needs
- Train, supervise, and evaluate Accounting and Finance Department personnel.
- Monthly travel to MANA’s production facility in South, GA. Occasional international and domestic travel as well.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- 5-9 years of hands-on accounting/financial management experience with at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to manage complex funding sources and issues ￼￼
- Manufacturing and cost accounting experience preferred
- Strong computer, communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Federal accounting and audit requirements and of grant budget preparation
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Leadership and initiative in identifying and addressing emerging problems
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with vendors, federal officials, outside partners preferred
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to info@MANAnutrition.org. No phone inquiries please.